In some ways I agree that that would be pretty cool, and in fact I can see myself making with a similar type of humor.
Another part of me however feels like I would need to appeal to a wider range of people than those who just want light 'n fluffy comedy. But of course, comical off-color shows can be just as "fluffy" as well. I guess I just don't want to create things that are purely funny and make the audience forget about all the serious or grotesque in the world. I think that portrays a false sense of reality and of what it could/should be. Well, no, I guess not really, it's just that I want there to be more in my work than making people temporarily happy or providing some form of escape. But I am such a hypocrite because I love the Andy Griffith show - for multiple reasons, but one of which is that it is so soothing to watch a funny show to get your mind off unpleasantness! AAgh. I can't make up my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.