Tuesday, November 29, 2011

COME SEE "SAIL AWAY"!


Well, it's official! If you guys are not yet aware "Sail Away" will be premiering on December 9th @ 7,8,&9pm, so if you haven't got your tickets GO AND GET THEM SOON! They're available at the box office in the MCA and...THEY'RE FREE!

This has been a film that I, along with the other 3 Senior that worked on it, gave our sweat and blood for a good 2 months (some more) of this semester. Like I said before I was the DP (Director of Photography) on the film. It was honestly the most stressful project I've ever worked on. There were times that I felt like just giving up. But I'm glad that I didn't. I truly believe that to be an artist is to suffer. And I definitely have gone through suffering for this project. But I'm glad I never gave up. I'm glad no one had a quitters attitude because this film has turned out to be a beautiful piece. A little bit shorter than the heads had originally plan, but the fat has been cut a way to give you a beautiful, story plain and simple, but beautiful.

But the most important thing about this project has not been the story, the cinematography, or even the hype and scope of this project. If the project was just to delete itself off of the main and backup hard drives tomorrow, I wouldn't think it a huge loss. Sure I'd loose some sweet shots for my demo reel, but over all the most inspiring and intrinsically benefiting part of this project was working with the underclassman. To give them the tools and experience that you can use to create wonderful, beautifully shot stories that they can be proud of. THAT is the true reward. Not the premiere. That will still be cool. But the opportunity to mentor the next generation of our department is the greatest blessing any of us upperclassman could be given on this film. I'm so proud of their attitudes and all that they have learned through this shoot. And I can't wait to see what how they'll use their new tools and experience in the next few years and continue the cycle of mentoring the next generation. What a humbling calling that I am unworthy of being apart of. For that I feel blessed.

'Nough Said,
~Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.