Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here I sit. Thinking of God knows what.

Afraid to admit I'm on self destruct. Actually no. Just a Relient K song, stuck in my head. And it sounded cool. And thus, I used it. And now I'm rambling. I blame my love for being around my favorite people, lack of sleep and Amanda. You know who you are. AMANDA. Je t'aime.

Anywho, here I sit, at work, wishing for more of that lovely thing we dub sleep. And as I still have time left I thought, "Hey! I should share some of my sleepy musings with the lovely people in that one class I have with Sleeper!" Did you notice the alliteration? No? Carry on then.

The main thesis of my sleepy musings had to do with this comic:

It's a wonderfully nerdy comic, most of which goes over my head as, alas, I was not blessed with the good at science/math gene. Sadly. Or not sadly as I really don't care about math/science.
Anywho... This comic, at first, just made me feel, "Yah. I can see a person doing that. I could even do that." I mean, just giving some one everything. Just to see what they come up with, what ingenious thing they could arrive at, just because they see things differently than us. It's fascinating. Entrancing, really.

And then I thought, I feel like I do this with movies, films, music, Justin Bieber, books, funny objects in stores that I see and must observe closely. (Is it just me, or is it rather hipster to like Justin Beiber now? I mean it's so mainstream to not like him.... also I keep accidentally capitalizing random words that I deem as important. And God bless spell check)
When I watch a film, sometimes I go, and just for one reason, and maybe just one reason alone, I will love that movie forever. Like Greta, (or According to Greta). I love it. It has Hilary Duff, it has vaguely morbid humor, and it's aesthetics please me greatly. (Tried to spell aesthetics with an ass at the front, cause hooked on phonics worked for me.) And so, I liked this movie. (I had also found it on YouTube. Yay for YouTube!) Ah.Hem. Pardon my sub conscience thoughts, they don't know what they're saying. Anyways. I liked Greta, alot. I would even say it's a favorite. And yet, when I looked online at reviews and the like, I found lots of people who didn't like it. And I thought, who has the right side? Is it me, who just goes, asks to be amused, and leaves happy most the time? Or is it the people on the internets? Who obviously know lots, I mean the internetz!!!!!1!!
I mean, I do go and marvel about film production, how this is done, blah blah, but most the time I just sit there enthralled, wanting to yell at the people talking to shut up. It's not hard to amuse me/make me happy. But is it a thing of good reader/bad reader? Am I missing something? Or are they just being persnickity, because something didn't appeal to them?
The thingie below is a .gif, and I don't know if it'll work, but it makes me happy. So if it doesn't work..... Well. You're missing out.

Baby, you're hotter than the cracks of Mount Doom.
Your rejection would destroy me like an Ent destroys Isengard.
Speak, friend, and enter... your number in my phone.
I'll be your Isildur and you can be my bane.
No, we haven't met, unless you count in the Mirror of Galadriel.
Your beauty has pierced my heart like a Morgul Blade
Was that a Middle-Earthquake? or did you just rock my world?
I've heard about a great new club... want to go There and Back Again?
You've got beautiful eyes, they sparkle like the Mirrormere.
I'd climb the Endless Stair to be with you.

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.