Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Like Water for Chocolate

As with almost every Signs and Wonders film, I was really reluctant to go because the film being shown just sounded boring. Every time though, I have left impressed by what I just saw as well as usually deep in though. LIke Water for Chocolate was no exception. The movie had some very strange parts, one being when the dead mother reappears as a ghost. While watching it I thought they were just that, weird. But afterwards as we discussed it I saw how so many of the parts I felt were awkward or strange were really necessary parts of the film, and they are what makes it so great. One of the things I found most fascinating was the end, which is basically a big sex scene. But they managed to do it in a way that isn’t offensive…its just done right. It goes to show that there are times when a scene like that might actually be necessary in a movie, and if it is, it can be done very, very well so that it isn’t repulsive to the audience. Overall I really liked it, and I’m hoping I can see it again after the great discussion we had going over everything in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.