Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Silence of the Lambs

Wow. I just watched The Silence of the Lambs for the first time this week. What a movie. I can't say that I was necessarily disturbed by it, but it was just straight up twisted for sure. A lot of the subject matter was pretty messed up, dealing with cannibalism, transvestites, violence to women, etc. Still, it was a skillfully executed film with a superb cast and I'm not surprised at all the oscars and other awards it won.



I'm not positive, but this movie strikes me as one that Professor Leeper would probably see as a quality film. Still, I'm curious as to what Leeper thinks of the content, in particular the violence to women, seeing as how we talked about this in class a few weeks back. I certainly don't condone it, and I find it to be rather troubling as well, and yet I thought it was a good movie. Which makes me wonder.....how much disturbing or degrading content will we accept before we say "this is a bad movie"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.