Last night at signs and wonders we watched the Robert Crumb documentary. Robert Crumb is known for his extremely inappropriate cartoons that he's been drawing since he was a teenager. Robert never fit in during his early years because his awkward personality which probably developed during his screwed up child hood. His mom was addicted to drugs and his dad was abusive. This combination of confusion influenced all the odd cartoons he has made throughout the years.
While I was watching the documentary I was extremely confused. I was confused because I honestly didn't understand why Robert Crumb was famous. He is a confused, perverted, awkward man who draws terrible things that probably offend a majority of all people. I simply did not get it. He put all of his thoughts into his cartoons, even if they were messed up. But now that I think about it more I realize that that's exactly why he is famous. Robert Crumb is famous because he isn't afraid to put all of his thoughts into his work. He speaks his mind and doesn't care what other people think. After watching the documentary thats really one of the few things I respect about the man.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.