This weekend I watched a couple episodes from the documentary series "We Shall Remain," about the Native Indians' struggle to retain their land and their culture. It's actually one of the few dramatized documentaries I've seen that has not seemed over-done or manipulative. I actually liked it pretty well. I felt like it had a good amount of interviewing of authorities on the subject matter balanced with a narration of facts. The people told the opinions and the narrator told the facts. I liked that. At the same time I felt like there was a bit of a trade off for lower quality editing and imagery at times. However, it did do it's job of telling a story very well. Although I not-so-good imagery (zooming up on the same pictures, etc) bothered me at times, at other times I found myself completely sucked into the story, having entirely forgotten about the visuals, at least on a conscious level.
here's a link to the project website: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/weshallremain/
the entire series is also available on netflix :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.