Ok, I have to say, this was a pretty charming film. A bunch of kids having fun making a movie that is the greatest thing in the world to them. The fact that this was made by a group of Christian filmmakers is enouraging. It doesn't add to my opinion of the piece, but it's nice to know that films with wit can be made by people with a similar background to us.
I never made movies when I was younger; I didn't realize my interest in making movies until my second year of college. I guess it would be kind of nice to be able to do that. Go around with a camcorder and make a movie. No budget, no deadline, no rules, all play and all fun. But then, knowing what I do now, would I really enjoy it? I'm actually quite fond of the structure that's used to make movies. They're in place to keep us from making crap like a kid running around with a camcorder. And I'm not saying that it's always wrong to break the rules, but you have to know what they are first. Once you know your options, you can then see whether intentionally doing something “wrong” actually benefits the film.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.