Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Top 15 Film Score Tracks

13.)Lady in the Water - Prologue by James Newton Howard


I told you James would show up again. ;) This movie has been, understandably, heavily citicized. While it is in no way my favorite film, nor do I think it's flawless, I do still enjoy it. I think the plot was pretty ingenius, but suffers from being rather poorly told. The one part of the film that I think is absolutely pitch-perfect is the prologue. The tone it sets is ethreal, creepy and stimulating. I only wish the rest of the film could have lived up to this tone. The music is, admittedly, probably one of the major reasons I enjoy this film, despite its problems. This is, in my opinion, some of James' best work; rarely have I been so moved by a film score as I am by this one. Really beautiful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.