They can be lovely jewels that we stumble upon(.com) And literally that's how I've found my favorite little bit's and pieces of cinematography. I'm thinking I might often share some on this blog but this one is my all time favorite short film. Not because it's got some tragic beautiful story or a really artistic metaphor or whatever. But because of it's story, and the fact that on occasion I can be a real girl.
So this film SIGNS was done in 2008 and directed by Patrick Hughes, who is doing his first full length film called Red Hill. I haven't looked at that but I certainly will! Anyways this film is centered on one guy in the city (somewhere in Australia I guess) with a really mundane and melancholy life. It's amazing how they filled out this character in the first couple minutes (which are kinda depressing.) All with very minimal dialogue, in fact the main characters don't talk at all. I just love the fact that the story is carried mainly on the acting and situations. It's got great humorous points in it too, that I enjoy.
It's a rather simple story yes, boy sad, boy wants more in life and went looking for it in the city. Didn't find that happiness until he met girl. I love the way it's done in a different way though, a sort of situation that I'm sure no one really encounters but can relate to.Now I don't think I'm going to get into the cinematography or use of lighting or whatever cause I don't have much knowledge on it. I just think it's a great example of a short film and how to solidify a great story in a short amount of time. Let me know what you all think? is it boring? cute? inspiring? dumb?

I look forward to posting more movies :3
loved it!
ReplyDelete