
Now my thoughts have been on this movie for some time. It might be the fact that my roommate Grant keeps whistling and clicking his tongue like Mr. Fox (If you don't know shame on you). It could also be the fact that I have not met one person (Save Grant) who has seen this "fantastic" stop motion film. Now, I am a live action film major but this movie tempts
me to switch to the other side. The intricacy of stop motion makes me melt. The cleverness of the dialogue and the color of the story makes me feel extremely warm inside. Now to you skeptics or otherwise lazy artists ;), this movie is bloody brilliant. It's based on the book by Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and it is put on screen by legendary Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums). This movie is art! The detail, the colors, the dialogue, the characters, all of it! is artistically laid out in a quirky way for your entertainment! The actors (Brilliantly chosen) are as follows; George Clooney (Cool), Meryl Streep (Cooler), Jason Swartzmen (Coolest), and Michael Gambon (Dumbledore, nuff said). Oh well I'm done ranting about this movie, but if you won't watch this amazing movie then at least watch the twenty minute special feature special on it just to watch how this movie was put together, thats fantastic in itself! Love all!-Jonathan Scales
One of my favorites in recent years Jon. I love how Anderson felt no obligation to fool his audience with the materials this film was made with. The puppets are clearly hand-made, the water is plastic wrap, etc. Something refreshing and affordable about this film...not to mention great characters.
ReplyDeletePS I'd love to see more live-action majors dabbling in stop-mo. We've been doing some pretty solid stop-mo ourselves. Check out the the two stop mo films we completed last year.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.vimeo.com/26581304
http://www.vimeo.com/26351934
I love stop motion and have been fascinated by it for years. I would love to get my hands into it at some point!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE FANTASTIC MR. FOX! It's one of my all time favorites! Plus, it's hilarious! I watched a little behind the scenes clip on how they made the movie... it's amazing. I'd love to try stop motion at some point... but I worry I wouldn't have the patience for it.
ReplyDelete