He truly is one of my heroes. I was so lucky to be able to work with the Walt Disney Company in my young life.Yes, that's right. I worked for Disney. I spent five months down in Florida working at DisneyWorld. It was a fantastic time. Seeing Disney from the "backstage" was such a crazy experience. One that I think everyone should try.
The Disney Company is first and foremost a company that entertains. From telling a little girl "happy birthday princess!" To striking up a friendly chat with a guest, it all comes back to entertainment. You learn so much about how to really love and please people while you are working there. But you also get to know what people like and how they want to be entertained. I only hope I can take what I learned into the work that I hope to put out one day.
As a future animator I found it most exciting to be working at Hollywood Studios (one of the four parks at DisneyWorld). If you go back stage (Disney lingo for the places where guests can't go) you can find the old animation studio that once helped make such movies as Mulan. It's a simple building. As I stood in front of it I wondered what it was like when it was actually running. It's empty now. Unfortunately (probably due to budget reasons) it was closed down a few years back. Above the door it read ANIMATION in the style of the studio that sits in Burbank, California.How I wish I could have gone in and seen where great artists once worked. Maybe someday I can join the ranks of these great men and women. Even if not, I will always remember who put such a passion in my heart for all things entertainment.
For the love of Disney I do this.
Thanks Walt...


How did you get to work there?
ReplyDeletethat's awesome.
ReplyDeleteI think I have a new best friend...I agree with everything you have written here. I share the same love for Walt Disney and everything he has done. He's my hero and is the reason I'm going into Animation.
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky you got to work for Disney!!! I want to work at a Disney studio too! I get such a great feeling every time I walk into Magic Kingdom and hear the music and see the castle...so glad there is someone out there that feels the same about Disney as me :)