My name is Blake Hughes. I'm
from Rossford, Ohio, which is just south of Toledo.
![]() |
| war documentary disc label |
I'm attempting a CS and DMA
double-major here at Huntington and am currently on the JV soccer team. I
was initially hoping to pursue the animation side of DMA since it can overlap
with various CS related jobs. However, during this past year my English
class was assigned a group project where we had to make a war
documentary. What was supposed to be a 1 month, 20 minute video project
turned into a 1 year, 90 minute video project. Doing that project and
investing so much time and effort into its creation taught me a lot about film
making (particularly what NOT to do as the majority of the year was spent
correcting mistakes) and as a result I've found that I enjoy many elements of
it. So, for now I'm still trying to decide which course I should take.
While I've never really done
anything with animation, I've always loved to draw. I've won a few art
contests and am currently competing in the Toledo Focus show, which had over
5000 initial entries and only 300 have been selected to compete.
After playing and watching video
games develop over the years, I took a liking to the idea of making them.
So I suppose that video games and watching special effects in movies are what
inspired me to pursue a CS and DMA double major.
A bit more about me:
- I'm
a nerdtech-savvy - I like non-fiction and fantasy novels
- I particularly enjoy war/action movies (kingdom of Heaven, Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Master and Commander, Etc.)
- My favorite TV show of all time is Boston Legal
- I like to watch good anime.
- Video games and soccer are my two favorite past-times

what counts as "good" anime?
ReplyDeleteCowboy Bebop
ReplyDeleteEvangelion
Samurai Champloo
Code Geass
Deathnote
Outlaw Star
Gurren lagann
etc.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched any of those... Though I've heard of most of them! And I heard they were good. But I tend to read the manga over watching anime, so that could be a big part.
ReplyDeleteHave you seen Yu Yu Hakashu? I rather liked the episodes I watched before my cousin demanded I give them back....
And Fullmetal Alchemist. Almost forgot
ReplyDelete