Saturday, September 3, 2011




Hey everyone, my name is Sam Doughty and I'm a DMA major with a focus on animation. At least, that's the way it is now. I'm gonna try and figure out which route in the film industry I wanna take this semester. Film has always really appealed to me ever since I was a little boy. At my middle school, the 7th and 8th grade levels had a TV class that produced a daily show. Watching the show as a 6th grader and being on the news team as a 7th grader inspired me to make movies. My neighborhood friends and I, using my mom's digital camera and the awe-inspiring "Windows Movie Maker", would make movies about pretty much anything. Some of our stuff we did in middle school is still up on YouTube.

As far as animation goes, I've always had a fascination with film like I said, but there's always been an interest in creating cartoon characters (who doesn't want to do that)? I struggle a little with free-hand drawing, but I'm in a drawing class now so hopefully I can get a better grip on my skills. If it doesn't work out with animation and I'm really just not much of an artist, I have no problem going the live action route.

For animation, South Park and Family Guy are among my inspiration. I find both of these TV shows hilarious but still feel they have something to say. The type of simple animation they have and the hilarious characters have had a role in shaping who I am.

As far as live-action films: Lords of Dogtown, Do The Right Thing, The Godfather (Part II)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.