The deeper i dive into the characteristics of it though the more I like it. I don't even care that hipster is becoming mainstream. Course I felt I had hipsterish tendincies before hand. My dad is a graphic designer and so I grew up on a Mac, along with a hate for PC. I've noticed most people that go into an artistic feild esspecially film, have developed a "hipster" feel to them.
I think that hipster it's just another label that'll pass eventually and just be something that identifies the generation later. But for me personally it's just another word for creative people. I take on a bit of the indie culture because I genuinely enjoy the types of music, movies, people, and art associated with it. It's just a personality thing. People enjoy being the only of their kind, together.
Ironically Hipsterism is becoming mainstream. But there will always be this cycle of anti-mainstream going mainstream. Examples come from goths and emos, nerds and losers. It happens a lot. People want to be noticed for individuality but usually aren't creative enough to come up with their own ways of being that, so they go with a popular way to be individuals. Does it make sense? About as much sense as this blog is making. (I lack the gift of tongues apparently)
Point being I'm not entirely sure what point I'm making out of the blog and someone with better blogation skills I'm sure could do better at the subject but. I guess what I'm saying is that as far as fads go, this is my favorite one. The fad that feels closest to my personality and taste and I'll use that as justicifcation for indulging in it from my Pandora stations to my choice in plaid.
That is all
I wanted to get some nerd glasses, but I refused to, because it seemed stupid to pay money for glasses that don't do anything for you. plus everyone was wearing them, and had worn them for a while, so it seemed like the trend was on it's way out. But next time I get my glasses for when I'm not wearing my contacts, I'm planning on trying to find the nerd glasses type frames. And then I can be all, "you wear those beacuse they're cool? ppsssshhh. I wear them so I can see."
ReplyDelete