
My name is Luke Myers, and I'm a
Film Production major here at HU.
My experience filmmaking wise is
quite limited, but I'm eager
to dive in and learn all I can.
Although I only committed to go in to film as a career around a year ago,
I have always loved movies. I remember when I first watched Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. I was eleven years old. This experience revealed to me how powerful of a medium the screen really was. I found it intriguing how one could use film to communicate such powerful emotion through striking visuals.
I have always loved movies. I remember when I first watched Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. I was eleven years old. This experience revealed to me how powerful of a medium the screen really was. I found it intriguing how one could use film to communicate such powerful emotion through striking visuals.

To sum up, some of my favorite directors are Stanley Kubrick, Ridley Scott, and Darren Aronofsky. My favorite film is Blade Runner, which I plan to post my reflections on sometime soon.
It's nice to see someone else who appreciates Kubrick's work for what it really is. I too enjoyed 2001: A Space Odyssey quite a lot at an early age.
ReplyDelete