Right now I'll just start off with part 1:
She stepped out. Her head hung low and her luscious curls fell before her face. She lifted her head slowly and looked me straight in the eyes. I didn’t know her, and she said nothing to me, but I could see the pain frozen on her face, and I felt that I understood her perfectly. She paused for just a moment, but to me it was like hours. Then she turned and walked away, leaving an empty doorway before me, then I knew…it was my turn. My stomach knotted as I took my first step forward and I could begin to feel my heart pound in my chest. I don’t imagine I’ve ever felt as terrified as I did then. My muscles began to tighten as I drew closer and closer to the door at the end of the hall, and my knees were nearly knocking as I twisted the knob and pushed it open.
I closed my eyes as I entered the room. I could not bear to see what was inside. I knew I could not keep them closed for long and I tried to force them open and accept my fate, but try though I did, they simply would not open. Then my ear caught the song of a bird as it flew swiftly past me, and my curiosity overtook me. I opened my eyes and nearly gasped. Before me, stretched out like a magnificent rug, was not a room at all, but an enormous rolling meadow. There were giant oak trees and tall, thin birch trees and all manner of maple, pine and cherry trees. Birds flew about freely and butterflies danced about them as they sang their songs. Vibrant wild flowers blanketed the gently sloping hills and trickling streams completed the birds glorious symphony. I smiled. Such a place I had never seen in all my life. I could not imagine what had brought me here, but in that moment I did not care. I felt comfortable, more comfortable than I had ever felt before, and I felt a sense of belonging and acceptance.
Now in the distance a man was approaching me. He held a walking stick in his right hand and carried a jug of water strapped around him. He wore some sort of strange white garment, which I could not make out from so far a distance and on his head was a small blue cap. It took quite a while for him to make it across the small valley and up the hill to where I was standing, but I was content to sit and wait. I gazed wistfully at the glorious landscape about me, and took deep long breaths of the fresh, sweet air. Then suddenly a feeling came over me. It felt as though someone was whispering in my ear. Then my stomach turned suddenly and I felt sick, just as I had in the hallway. Fortunately the man was now approaching me, and smiling, he said
“Hello.” Repressing the feeling, I managed to smile back at him and politely replied
“Hello.”
____________________________________________
I do apologize for any spelling errors, grammatical errors, etc. As I said, I am writing this relatively quickly, so it wont be perfect. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.