Friday, November 4, 2011

And the winner is...wait, this can't be right...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BY A LANDSLIDE VICTORY, IT'S THE RED SCALET X!!!!!

I JUST GOT DONE WITH ONE ROLLERCOASTER OF NIGHT...

Wow, I've been completely blown away with what I've seen tonight. Well folks here they are (you can click on the names too to give you links to their spec pages):

Canon EOS 300C






SCARLET X



I have to admit, I was on cheering for the wrong team. With Canon having the opportunity to offer yet another affordable filmmaking tool, one which Low-budget indies could be shot on, I thought for sure that they would enter this new camera into the filmmaking world at a competitive price point too... but they did NOT. $20,000!!!!!! THAT'S FRIGGIN' RIDICULOUS! I think all heads sank upon hearing this. This was not a wise move for Canon. So many of the DSLR users wanted a "step" above what the current DSLR cameras were giving them and have a video ready camera that they could use all their canon lenses they bought. But instead, Canon got greedy, and made a very bold move at a very bold price, one which I think will end up backfiring in their face. It can't even shoot 60fps @ 1080p. It doesn't even shoot @ higher resolution than 1080p. And its codec kinda sucks to (only 50Mbps). Sure it shoots decent in low light, but people are looking for more in a camera than that ESPECIALLY IF YOUR GOING TO CHARGE THEM $20k for it! I mean there are many options out there that offer better features at a lower price, like for instance...

SCARLET X. THIS LITTLE GUY BLEW ME AWAY. RED was the company that I thought didn't care about anything under the $15K market, and a lot of what they were saying made it seem like that too. AND THEN OUTA NOWHERE: 4k Resolution for under a $10k resolution! AND it shoots it all at all on a RAW 4-2-2 RED codec. Super 35mm too! Can shoot up to 120fps in 1K as well. It will even take both Canon lenses and PL lenses too! THIS is a professional camera offered at a bargain price. I have little to no doubt this will be our Film Deptartment's next camera purchase...


LUCKY YOU GUYZ :P

@REDPWNDCANON


2 comments:

  1. They could have just announced the lenses part and I'd be impressed. That's where the magic of the new cameras happens.

    I think you were a little worn out when you wrote this. May want to go back and do some spell checking. Specifically, there's an "away" that's missing in one of your sentences. Might want to drop that in cause it really does change the context. 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHA OMGOSH GOOD CATCH MATT!! lol yep I was a little tired. And yes, I completely agree about the lenses!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.