Wednesday, November 2, 2011

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 3RD OF NOVEMBER

TOMORROW...

CANON

VS


RED

No matter the outcome...WE WIN! I know this is yet another camera-fueled blog, but seriously guys I am sooo excited for this announcement between these 2 camera giants! RED, the company that brought us the RED ONE, will be announcing the RED SCARLET, a work in progress that consumers have been waiting over >5 years. And Canon, the guys that have given us dirt-cheap DSLR filmmaking, will be making what they call a "Historic Global Announcement" tomorrow in Hollywood. Now since Canon usually plays things close to the chest, and aren't known for over-exaggerating anything, we can only assume that whatever they're going to announce WILL BE BIG. And since the unveiling will be taking place in none other than the city of cinema itself we can also assume that it is gong to be or have something related to a camera or possibly camera(s) that are designed for making films. The rumors out right now, is that it will be a Super 35mm camera with 4K capabilities at a price point for <$15,000 dollars...in case any of you don't know, that's kind of a big deal!

So who am I pulling for? I have a feeling Canon's announcement is going to be the one making headlines tomorrow. They are prosumer-friendly and know how to give their clientele base great features for a low price (i.e. DSLRs). I think RED will announce something neat for their "professional" audience, but it will be far out of the price range of the general filmmaking community, especially for students. But can really do right now is speculate so let's wait until tomorrow and see for ourselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.