Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Today's films..and Shutter ;)


Today's films were wet up the way most horror movies are I thought. Only the very basic information and just a jest of the story was given away and the rest was up to the viewers to discover for themselves.

One of my most favorite scary movies using this method is Shutter. For those of you who have not seen it yet, you should get on that!! Seriously one of the best scary movies I think I've seen!!

I thought they were made beautifully, especially in a way that forced the viewers to race to figure out what the situation was before it was further explained at the end of the film. If the film had provided enough information which had led to immediate understanding, the viewers would have become bored at a very quick rate. I for one LOVE movies (especially those within the genres of horror and thrillers) where not much is given away so that the viewer has to create a story and build the plot themselves. This way it feels more realistic and the viewers feel as if they're playing a part within the movie- we feel important and almost as if we play a role within the movie to the point where what happens can effect our mood and even our outlook on certain things in life.

And although not every film had a happy ending or the ending we expected, it will be an ending we will remember because we played a part in the movie through our setting up of the story within our minds in order to make sense of the films before the films explained themselves.

(Because I'm a visual learner and remember pictures and not words really, I'm posting a picture of the cover of the movie Shutter-especially for the other visual learners-so that next time you're in a store and see it, you can remember to snag it!! It's great!!) :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.